Meljean was raised in the middle of the woods, and hid under her blankets at night with fairy tales, comic books, and romances. She left the forest and went on a misguided tour through the world of accounting before focusing on her first loves, reading and writing–and she realized that monsters, superheroes, and happily-ever-afters are easily found between the covers, as well as under them, so she set out to make her own.
Meljean lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband and daughter.
Author photo by Doug Crouch.
I am currently represented by Nephele Tempest of The Knight Agency. Please direct all queries regarding rights or contracted work to her.
Interviews and Guest Blogs
- Catching up with Milla Vane (Feb 2020)
- What the heck is steampunk? An interview with Maili from Dear Author (Aug 2010)
- Turning “Eureka!” into “Hell, Yeah!” — talking Steampunk Romance at the Book Smugglers (April 2010)
- On the influences for DEMON BOUND at the Book Smugglers (Nov 2008)
- The Story of My First Sale at Dear Author (June 2007)