Five things I know are true:
- There will always be someone who doesn’t like me (or my work). Sometimes with reason. Sometimes not. Sometimes for stupid reasons. And the only thing to do is say “Fuck ’em” or “Oh, well” (depending on how much energy I want to spend, and how much I dislike them in turn.)
- Food always tastes better when it’s snatched off someone else’s plate. Especially if that person is one of my sisters, and it’s the last bit of whatever they have.
- I will never be certain that I don’t sound like an idiot. I will never be completely confident when I open my mouth. I will never stop blushing. I will never stop laughing at myself for all of the above.
- My daughter is going to hand out some serious pwnage to me over my lifetime. She’s too damn smart for my good.
- If my father-in-law ever reads one of my books, I will never be able to look him in the eye again.