There are days when so much shit is thrown around the internets that I start to forget why I love it so much. Internet stalkers, gamers making punching bags out of women they disagree with, pretty much any YouTube or news site comment thread… There’s a lot of vile crap, and sometimes it seems to overwhelm the good stuff.
But it really doesn’t. The internet is full of freaking amazing and talented folks. They just don’t seem to be yelling as loudly.
So, here’s a shout-out to a little bit of the good stuff (and some silly stuff) that I’ve seen linked lately or that I visit regularly. If you have a link to share in the comments, please do.
- 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity and Incredible Photos of Animals from 2011 (BuzzFeed)
- Salt Sculptures by Motoi Yamamoto and Gripping Book Art by various artists (WebUrbanist)
- ANIMALS TALKING IN ALL CAPS.
- National Geographic’s Photography Page/Photo of the Day and NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- Katarina 2353′s flickr Photostream tag: Sunset