1) She almost passed out while trying to sing the last part of “Nessun dorma” along with Pavarotti … while driving to Safeway to get groceries for dinner. Road safety = FAIL.
2) If a fresh loaf of French bread enters her car, still warm from the Safeway bakery oven, chances are it will not come out of her car. (Digging through grocery bag for warm French bread while driving = double road safety FAIL.)
3) If the bread, by some miracle, does make it out of the car (usually with a huge chunk ripped out of it) it will likely not last until the the noodles are cooked.
4) Meljean’s idea of variety is having different kinds of noodles: spaghetti, fettuccine, rigatoni, or that spirally kind. Oh! or the bowtie kind.
5) She writes blog posts in the third person.